Every other blog seems to be doing a New Year emotional round-up/resolutions for the future post, I’m not sure how this will turn out, so although my intentions are to be less philosophical, and more practical, I may get swept away in the theoretical side of New Years changes!
So, five things have I learnt this year, and what will I be taking forward to 2014.
1. Take every opportunity. In work, in travel, in everything in life: if you have a chance to do something, then go for it. Whole-heartedly, because you can guarantee the things you regret when you are old are the things you didn’t do. I’m not saying you sign up for base jumping just because you saw a TV programme on it. It’s more of a if you aren’t sure whether to do it or not, then just go for it. Take the opportunities that are presented to you, and see where they lead you in life.
2. Keep trying. If at first you don’t succeed, maybe it wasn’t right for you. I guess a lot of these relate to fate, and your belief in it. One knock down doesn’t mean NEVER, it means not necessarily now. Which leads me to number 3.
3. Be patient. Some things take time. Life takes time. Everything happens when it happens, and sometimes you just have to wait for your moment. (It doesn’t mean that you won’t get frustrated, but stay patient with it!)
4. Take some risks. Sometimes you have to go out on a limb to make things happen for your self. Don’t make everything a risk, but don’t let life become monotonous. Those risks are the things you will remember, those moments where you think to yourself ‘I could do this, I could, but….’ those are the moments that change your life, for better or worse, there are no guarantees, but thats what makes things exciting.
5. Have fun. What’s the point in living if you aren’t enjoying life. Work might be stressful at times, but it’s not everything. Take your time and use it to do the things you enjoy, spend time with the people you love, and laugh. Laugh lots.
Bonus: I am a full-on Bridezilla when it comes to wedding planning….
For all your travels, for all your lives, good luck and enjoy.
Happy New Year one and all, for 2014, I wish you all the best.