8 things that I have learnt over the past two days in Cambodia.
- In French it is called Cambodge.
- Most of the people missing limbs have list them through snake bites, not land mines.
- But thieves still get hands chopped off.
- Many criminals become monks as it is the only part of society which accepts them after they have come out of prison.
- Tuk-tuk’s don’t exist in Cambodia. Instead they have remork-motos.
- It is illegal to drive with your lights on in the day. But not to text whilst driving, drive the wrong way down a duel carriage way, squish 5 people onto a moped or drive on the path because it’s rush hour.
- When you vote in Cambodia, they dye your finger black. The dye lasts for a week to prove that you can’t vote again. (Bonus: It is election week this week)
- If you smile, people smile back and don’t think you are crazy.
Do you know any more fun facts about this beautiful country?